Kimberly has been leading retreats and combining her love for travel and Ashtanga Yoga for over 15. After years of traveling all over the world to study yoga, she wanted to share with students the opportunity to immerse themselves in yoga, nature, community and adventure. The best part of leading a retreat for her is the balance between dedicated practice, adventure, relaxation and healing. Take a break next winter to nurture your spirit and play along like minded yogis at the Sansara Resort.
ACTIVITIES & DAILY SCHEDULE
- Morning meditation, pranayama, and led or mysore style Ashtanga Yoga at the oceanfront Yoga Shala.
- Delicious and Healthy Breakfast is served from 7-10 am. Maybe some avocado toast or chai oatmeal.
- Afternoons are free to rest by the salt water pool, have a spa treatment, or explore with one of Sansara's many adventures. Complimentary SUP's, kayaks, snorkeling gear, bikes and one on land surf lesson is included. Other excursions of hiking, fishing, horseback riding, catamaran and estuary tours can be organized.
- Surf board rentals and packages are available. This is a wonderful time to take your surfing to the next level. Please inquire upon registration.
- Lunch is served from 12-2. Poke bowl or tacos anyone?
- Sunset Yoga session; restorative yoga, yin yoga, alignment based movement research, yoga sutras, chanting, and different forms of deep relaxation including Yoga Nidra.
- Dinner is served. Enjoy a farm to table experience with only the best locally sourced ingredients. Time to relax and enjoy the community.
The week’s yoga practice is suitable for beginners to all levels of yogis. This will be a week all about enjoying nature and being outdoors while taking some much-needed time for rest, reflection, healing, and transformation. A week to disconnect from the stress of everyday life and reconnect to what makes your mind, body, and soul sing.
- Six (6) nights, 7days lodging at Sansara Surf and Yoga Ocean Front Resort in Cambutal, Panama
- Luxury Van Transportation to and from Panama City (from a designated hotel location) to Sansara, Cambutal
- Three (3) healthy balanced meals each day; with local produce and fresh seafood – includes arrival day dinner and departure day breakfast. Breakfast & lunch is to order and dinner is a sit down family style or 3 course meal. Sample Menu Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy and Gluten Free available.
- Two (2) yoga practices a day overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
- Fresh fruit, local fair-trade coffee, tea and filter-water available daily.
- One (1) Intro to Surf Lesson
- One (1) Guided hike/waterfall tour
- Complimentary use of SUP boards, kayaks, snorkel gear, and bikes for exploring the area
- Beach bonfire (weather permitting)
- Hypo-allergenic bedding and towels
- Cool off in the stunning open-air saltwater pool overlooking the beautiful Pacific Ocean (beach towels provided)
- Organic bathroom product
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Airfare to Panama City – Tocumen International Airport (PTY)
Flights are direct from BOS ($350-600)
Arriving Saturday, March 2nd and Departing no earlier than 5pm March 9th
- Overnight accommodations in Panama City on Saturday, March 2nd and if necessary on Saturday, March 9th. A list of hotels will be provided once registered. Hotels range from $100-200 with breakfast included. If you would like to share a room, please let me know.
- Surf packages designed to take your surfing to the next level.
- Excursions (boat trips, horseback riding, waterfall adventures, fishing etc)
- Alcohol- Enjoy hand crafted cocktails, designed to inspire the tropics each carefully made using only the freshest hand-pressed juices, house-made bitter and local rums and spirits. They also have a selection of Local Mirco-Brew beer and Kombucha on tap!
- Travel insurance (recommended)
$1895 Triple Occupancy
$1795 Quad Occupancy
$2195 Double Occupancy
$2495 Double Occupancy Suites
$3295 Single Occupancy
Space is limited. A $500 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your spot and secure your desired accommodation. The balance is due 120 days prior to trip start date.
Email Kimberly for more details
Kimberly’s yoga roots run deep in the traditions of Ashtanga and Iyengar Yoga. As a yoga teacher Kimberly integrates, pranayama (breath practices), meditation and therapeutic approaches with traditional Ashtanga practice. In the classroom she balances vinyasa (breath and movement) with the importance of postural and structural alignment, and the innately therapeutic nature of asana practice.
Known for her compassion, intuitive adjustments, and careful exacting attention to each individual in her classroom, Kimberly fosters confidence, self-reliance and growth in her students and their practices. It is her deepest commitment to preserving and transmitting the traditions of yoga that have been shared with her.
Kimberly is the founder and director of Yoga East Yoga Shala in Kittery, Maine and is a 500-hour RYT certified instructor by the Yoga Alliance. She has joined her love of Yoga, teaching, surfing, sunshine and travel in coming to beautiful Sansara.