The week’s yoga practices, suitable for all levels, will be infused with joyous and uplifting teachings. This will be a week all about enjoying nature and being outdoors while taking some much-needed time for rest, reflection, healing, and transformation.
A week to disconnect from the stress of everyday life and reconnect to what makes your mind, body, and spirit soar.
Each morning (after you pinch yourself that you are in Paradise) head on down to the oceanfront yoga shala for a yoga and meditation session with spectacular views, followed by a delicious, healthy breakfast. Afternoons you decide between chillaxing by the pool or beach, a spa treatment, or perhaps something a bit more adventurous like standup paddle boarding, surfing, kayaking, snorkeling, hiking, or bike riding. A fresh lunch is served each afternoon in the restaurant and then you can go back to enjoying the afternoon.
In the evening enjoy relaxing sunset yoga sessions that include restorative yoga, yin yoga, myofascial release, Reiki, essential oils, chanting, and different forms of meditation including Yoga Nidra. After class make your way back to the restaurant for a group dinner- chefs plated or family style, and lots of laughter and lively conversation with your fellow yogis.
Experience the joy and flavor of dining on fish from just beyond the surf break and fresh vegetables from the neighbor down the road. This is fresh and healthy living at its purest form. Special dietary restrictions can be accommodated for all three of the daily included meals.
What is Included in this Wonderful Week:
- Six (6) nights lodging at Sansara Surf and Yoga Resort in Cambutal, Panama
- Luxury Van Transportation to and from Panama City (from a designated hotel location) to Sansara, Cambutal
- Three (3) healthy balanced meals each day; with local produce and fresh seafood – includes arrival day dinner and departure day breakfast
- Two (2) yoga practices a day overlooking the Pacific Ocean
- Fresh fruit, local fair-trade coffee, tea and filter-water available daily
- One (1) intro to Surf Lesson
- One (1) guided waterfall tour
- Complimentary use of SUP boards, kayaks, snorkel gear, and bikes for exploring the area
- Cooking class
- Beach bonfire (weather permitting)
- Afternoon seva (selfless service) project to show our appreciation for the beautiful beaches of Cambutal and the local community
- Hypo-allergenic bedding and towels
- Cool off in the stunning open-air saltwater pool overlooking the beautiful Pacific Ocean (beach towels provided)
- Organic bathroom products
- Airfare to Panama City – Tocumen International Airport (PTY)
- Overnight accommodations in Panama City on Saturday, April 13 and if necessary on Saturday, April 20
- Meals prior to the dinner at resort on April 14 and after the breakfast at the resort on April 20
- Additional excursions, surf lessons and/or rentals
- Travel insurance (recommended)
*travel information: we suggest arriving to Panama City one day prior to your retreat arrival (April 13th) and enjoying a night in Casco Viejo at one of our recommended hotels. Complimentary transportation occurs at 8:30am from Casco to Sansara on April 14th. On the return - please book return flights for later than 6:00pm to ensure time to arrive back to Panama!
Meet your Leader:
Maria Santoferraro, joy spreader, E-RYT 500 yoga teacher, storyteller, and always a practicing yoga student lives near the beautiful shores of Lake Erie, Ohio. After spending over 25 years as a stressed-out corporate executive she needed a detox from an unhealthy Blackberry addiction, lack of sleep, and an aching back caused by scoliosis. She sought out a healthier lifestyle and is grateful to have found her physical and spiritual release through the practice of yoga. Today she is living a balanced and blissful life, teaching beach yoga, leading international yoga retreats and yoga teacher trainings, providing inspiration on her blog the Daily Downward Dog, creating meditation videos for Hang 10 Meditation, and contributing her writing to Elephant Journal, Daily Cup of Yoga, and MindBodyGreen. Her playful, heart-opening teaching combines meditation, breath, alignment, and asana in slow-flowing vinyasa yoga classes that incorporate inspirational class themes, music, chanting, laughter, and the spiritual teachings of yoga to create a peaceful environment where students can quiet their minds, let go of fear and stress, and experience a deep sense of healing, relaxation, and joy.