March 4th - 10th, 2018
After years of lusting after the relatively untouched shores of Panama, Ame Wren is heading back to her now annual retreat in the southernmost tip of Central America. Cambutal is a surfer’s paradise, beach-bum’s dreamscape and yogi’s secluded haven. Sansara Resort boasts exquisite accommodations, an open-air yoga room, luxurious spa, oceanfront saltwater pool and organic restaurant. Since Sansara sits right on the beach, surfing, swimming, paddle boarding, snorkeling and any other water-related activities are at your fingertips. Complementary transfer from Panama City rounds out the sweet offerings.
Coming along for the ride is none other than Dan "The Man" Steel. Each day will consist of meditation, a sweaty morning practice incorporating challenging asana and pranayama and a down-tempo evening class bringing in elements of yin & restorative yoga. In between you will have ample time to explore the charms of Cambutal on bike or foot, lounge in the water, hit the spa, lay in a hammock or whatever else your heart desires. Sansara offers many local delights and excursions such as cooking classes, horseback riding and hiking.
• 6 nights of luxury accommodations at Sansara Surf and Yoga Resort in Cambutal, Panama
• Transportation to and from hotel in Casco Viejo and to and from Sansara
• 3 healthy balanced meals each day; with local produce and fresh seafood
• Two yoga practices a day overlooking the Pacific Ocean
• Fresh fruit, local fair trade coffee, tea and filter-water available daily
• 1 Complimentary rental for Kayak or SUP
• Unlimited use of snorkel gear
• Complimentary bikes for exploring the area
• Beach Bonfire
• Hypo-allergenic bedding and towels
• Organic spa products in every cabana
What's not Included:
• Airfare to Panama City
• Meals the day/evening of arrival and departure into Panama City Casco Viejo
• Additional excursions, surf lessons and/or rentals
• Travel insurance (recommended)
Investment per Person (including tax):
• Luxury Quad Occupancy Cabana: $1,850.00
• LuxuryTriple Occupancy Cabana: $1,950.00
• Luxury Double Occupancy Cabana: $2,200.00
• Deluxe Double Occupancy Cabana: $2,600.00
• Luxury Single Occupancy Cabana: $3,400.00
**Non-refundable deposit of $600 to save your spot - payable via PayPal here **
Meet your Leaders:
Known for her lighthearted but highly specific approach to the yoga practice, Ame has become a go-to teacher for those seeking knowledge and guidance on everything from the mysteries of triangle pose to rising above the riffs of modern-day competitive yoga culture. She is the founder and director of Boston Yoga School which offers exceptional yoga studies programs in Boston and beyond.
A dedicated student of both Iyengar and Ashtanga styles of yoga, Ame prides herself on being a devoted seeker and aims to inspire others to stay on the path of yoga, and of teaching. She is greatly indebted to her teachers Richard Freeman, Carrie Owerko, Nikki Costello and Patricia Walden.
Ame has been featured in Yoga Journal, at Wanderlust Festival and was awarded the honor of “Best of Boston” in 2010. She travels extensively leading retreats, trainings and workshops all over the world. In addition to her yoga studies she also holds a BA in Philosophy and Religion and an MA in Cultural Studies.
I first discovered yoga when I walked into a free class on a whim while still in college. Having a background in martial arts and gymnastics, I was immediately drawn to the physically demanding aspects of the practice. Not long after establishing a regular asana practice I began to recognize its potential for healing and self-discovery. I believe that the strength, flexibility, and balance cultivated in the body can be reflected in the mind.
Every time one steps onto the yoga mat, there is the opportunity for growth and greater understanding of the self, both physically and spiritually. The more we come to understand ourselves, the more we can act in accordance with our true nature, instead of living in repression and inauthenticity.
I have completed both the 200-hour Foundational and Advanced trainings with Ana Forrest, as well as a 200-hour vinyasa training through Back Bay Yoga in Boston. I have also studied Budokon Yoga with Cameron Shayne and am working towards my certification in that style. In my classes I strive to offer a platform upon which students can explore and develop a heightened sense of body awareness.