It seems that everyone on the planet loves Thai Food, and who can blame them!? Thai food expertly balances the most extreme contrasts of ingredients and flavours. Sweet and soul, hot and cold, spicy and refreshing, salty and bitter. Thai food is one of the most popular cuisines in the world and when prepared mindfully it can be a very healthy cuisine as well.
Here at Sansara we often incorporate Thai meals into the weekly menu for our flavour hungry guests. All the while keeping the dishes nourishing and energising. Our talented chef Shea put together this invigorating bowl and we can’t get enough of it here in Cambutal!
This dish is light and fresh, with a spicy edge. A perfect post-yoga meal that will keep you riding the yoga high.
So grab some peanuts and a blender and go nuts!
What you’ll need:
For the salad
- 4 stalks of kale (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cabbage (You can mix purple and green. Shredded)
- 1/2 a cucumber (cored and thinly sliced)
- 1 large carrot (julienne)
- A hand full of peanuts (Roasted and salted)
- 1 packet of Pad Thai rice noodles
For the peanut sauce
- 2 tbsp 100% peanut butter
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 knob of ginger
Serves 2 people.
- Cook rice noodles as per instructions on packed, drain and cool in fridge.
- In a bowl combine kale, cabbage and cucumber. Set aside in fridge.
- For the peanut sauce combine all ingredients and blend until pouring cream consistency.
- Once the noodles are cold, stir the peanut sauce with vegetables, sprinkle roasted peanuts on the top. Serve cold.
You may choose to keep this dish vegan or try adding some grilled chicken for extra protein.
Enjoy beautiful Buddha's!
Sansara Squad. x